Using the Splice Machine Documentation
This topic helps orient you to the Splice Machine documentation, in these sections:
- Splice Machine Layout explains the layout of our documentation web and shows you how to use the various navigation tools to land on the pages in which you’re interested.
- Navigating our Documentation summarizes and links to all of the top-level sections in the Splice Machine documentation suite.
Splice Machine Layout
Here’s an image of the top portion of our documentation screen, which is called the topbar:
The topbar features these user interface elements:
- Click the Splice Machine Documentation title to return you to the home page of our documentation.
- Use the Top Navigation menus to navigate to the landing page of each main section of the documentation.
- Use the cascading menus in the Sidebar Navigation to navigate to specific topics.
- Click the Navigation Toggle to toggle the sidebar navigation off or on.
- Start typing your search terms in the Search Bar at the top to find relevant topic.
The sidebar will automatically highlight the location of your current page in the navigation hierachy whenever you jump to a new page.
Internal and External Links
Links to other pages in the documenation are shown in underlined blue.
Links to external sites are also shown in underlined blue, and include a boxed arrow symbol that indicates the link will automatically open in a separate browser tab or window.
This site includes documentation for both of our Splice Machine products and two ways to navigate. Most of the topics apply to all of our products; any product-specific topics are gathered into their own top-level (chapter) sections. Here are the main sections of the Splice Machine documentation:
|Welcome||Information about our database: the basis of all Splice Machine products.|
|About Splice Machine||Getting Started with Splice Machine, release notes, and general product and documentation information.|
|Best Practices Guide||Best practices information for common product usage scenarios.|
|Database-as-Service Product Info||Usage information specific to our cloud-managed database service product.|
|Developer Topics and Tutorials||Topics of interest to all developers working with Splice Machine.|
|On-Premise Product Info||Usage information specific to our on-premise database product.|
|splice> Command Line Reference||The reference manual for our Splice Machine command line interface.|
|The ML Manager||How to use the Splice Machine Machine Learning Manager for your data science projects.|
|SQL Reference Manual||The reference manual for the Splice Machine implementation of SQL.|