Release Notes for the Splice Machine Database-as-a-Service Product
This topic includes any release notes that are specific to the Splice Machine Database-as-a-Service product, in these sections:
Most of the information about changes in the Splice Machine database that underlies this product are found in the Splice Machine database release notes.
Features Not Yet Available
These features are not yet available, but will be very soon:
- VPC Settings are not yet enabled but will be in a near future release.
- You currently cannot cancel queries that are running through Zeppelin or JDBC tools; you can use the Spark User Interface to cancel Spark queries.
These limitations exist in this release, and will be removed in the near future:
- On a JDBC connection, individual queries or actions will time out after one hour; you can run long-running queries within a Zeppelin notebook.
- Updating of CPU, Memory, and Disk usage graphs for clusters is currently limited: the updates are happening only intermittently.
These are important notes about issues you need to be aware of when using our Database Service:
- The timestamps displayed in Zeppelin will be different than the timestamps you see in the Splice Machine Spark User Interface, depending upon your time zone.
- Although Splice Machine backs up your database regularly, it does not back up your Zeppelin Notebook changes; please export your Notebooks regularly if you make changes.